Shaking leg and arm on right side!

Posted , 3 users are following.

hi there just over 3 was post op TAH with BSO, I had this shaking issue since the day of surgery! I sit relaxing and my right leg just shakes I have to stamp my foot or hold my leg down with the other to try stop it which doesn't work! I told go I thought it was anxiety! I think she believed me but it seems to be getting worse! When I'm tired I also get a stammer in some of my speech. 

Anyone else have similar issues?

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Sarah

This definintely sounds like anxiety to me.  I have suffered similarly but many years ago and nothing to do with my op.  Are you feel anxious mentally?  When I had it I was prescribed a low dose propranolol which is a beta-blocker and not the sort of thing you want to take long-term, but it did relax and slow down that feeling in my body and I then found that my mind relaxed as well.  The trouble with anxiety is that you start to worry about the anxiety itself so it becomes self-perpetuating.  You could also try the Alexander Technique which is probably on You Tube and is a deep breathing form of relaxing.

I do think you need to speak to your GP again if things don't improve as you need to be concentrating on your recovery from the op rather than letting anxiety take over.

Best of luck

Sharon

• Posted

Thanks Sharon!

I have been to GP this morning as just feel under the weather too!

She confirmed it was most probably anxiety! I think I've got so much pent up energy! I've been so very tired the past 3 years literally sleeping as soon as I get in from work every day! I'm now so well and have no idea how to relax!!!

• Posted

I also already take propranolol for migraine prevention! And citalapram for depression!!!!

I just need to learn a new skill... RELAXING!

• Posted

Hi Rsarahj

Try meditation, YouTube has some splendid ones to choose from.  Hubby and I do it twice a week and even Rosie comes and lays on my mat and goes to sleep.  My Ian is always completely wired, the consultants say that is why his pain is so intense, so I started him doing the meditation with me and he does get a little relief from the pain after the meditation, not long but anything helps.  So I was thinking it might help you, anyway give it a try.

Love

Jacqui smile

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.