Sharp fleeting pain in abdomen when passing stool and rectal muscle soreness

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hello everyone! I'm new to the forum.

I've been experiencing pain in my abdomen to the right of my belly button in a specific point for the past year. The pain is sharp and fleeting (lasts a few seconds) and it never radiates, it comes in the exact same spot everytime.

I have noticed that the pain can happen randomly at any time, however it's mainly associated when I pass stool. My rectal muscles are also sore and I do have the sensation that the sphincter down there is contracting (or pulsing?) in a dysfunctional way.

I have done a sigmoidoscopy that showed no results. My doctor also checked for hernias to the right of my belly button, but said she couldn't feel any. What do you think is the connection between sore painful anal and rectal muscles AND a sharp pain in a specific spot in my abdomen when passing stool? Could it be a nerve issue or just colonic muscle spasms?

Thank you for the help!

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.