Shingles Eating: DOs and DON'TS Guidance / Advice

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hello Everybody

I am looking for real life experiences regarding what best foods to eat and to avoid when you have shingles.

I have read a great deal of internet content and all I can see is conflicting information.

I understand arginine is a vitamin that can aggravate and trigger the virus. So you would obviously

strive to avoid arginine which, from what I can see, is virtually impossible unless you are

prepared to live on exclusively apples, pears and pudding for the rest of your life.

I am also seeing directly competing advice about eggs, potatoes and food sources. One site tells

you to eat them for their vitamin B content and other tell you to leave them alone because of

their arginine content.

So you have no idea what to do for the best.

What do you all think? Did you change your diets at all when you had shingles.

If you did what did you eat that didn't leave you famished?

Thanks in advance.

Ray

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.