Shingles help

Posted , 3 users are following.

I first went to the hospital around 6 weeks ago as I knew I had shingles in one eye but after diagnoses I had it in both. They did give me any antiviral drugs but eye drops they never had any. It took 2 weeks to get them. After which time my eyes recovered. I woke up 2 days later with blisters on my spine and within 2 days I was covered in blisters on spine and left leg and groin. To be honest it's been hell. Went to the doctors they said it was the worse case they had seen. They gave antiviral drugs which it started to calm the rush. The pain has been hell burning and electric shops constantly. I have very large scabs that did get infected. Luckily they are getting better. I had antibiotics. Now the big problem. I have no feeling in groin lower back and left leg but still have burning sensation. The numbness is still travelling down the leg. You could burn me and I would not feel anything. Please can someone tell me is this normal? I still have scabs but 7 weeks now and it's hell. I have nerve blockers and morphine. non work

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Hi, what you said here is probably the closet thing I have seen to being similar to my situation. While I haven't had the rash spread far from my back, nor have I had any significant pain. I can however relate to the numbness though - particularly in the groin area.

I'm a guy btw, I wasn't sure about yourself, Mags may be a girls name, I think? You might not want to talk about this or may prefer to inbox me. Whether you're male or female, I was wondering if you might talk about any issues you might have down below regarding numbness or affects on passing urine.

As a guy this gives me difficulties with erections. I do have medication for this off the doctor. However, I can't really feel anything and I did have problems with passing urine and not feeling any sensation when passing urine. Does any of that sound relatable to you?

If you find any solutions or anything that might help please let me know, I feel like I am losing my mind here, and not sure if things will go back to normal.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.