Shingles help .. shingles in mouth , ear, face . Ramsey hunt

Posted , 3 users are following.

30 days ago i went to my dermatologist thinking my kids gave me the impetigo that they had. my derm sent me to the hospital as i had a high fever , shingles and impetigo i was a mess. the ER gave me vancomycin and ursol and sent me home with valtrex. i took valtrex 3x a day for 7 days.. i thought i was getting better until i developed ramsey hunt. my derm sent me to a neurologist who said shingles jumped to another nerve.. 10 more days valtrex, brain mri(showed sinus infection brain was good) and 5 days of predisone.

my question is when will this get better its been brutal . i have not been able to function no working, hard to eat and chew, no helping with my 3 small kids i am just very swollen and skin pain . i have seen slight improvements but am i missing anything ?

any tricks to heal faster and speed this up?

any help would be so appreciated

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Edited

my doctor gave me the shingix vaccine even though i already had the rash. it has lessoned the frequency and severity . ask your doctor.

sending healing blessings your way.

• Posted

look into emu oil or emuaid max and wise men healing balm

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.