Shingles without rash?

Posted , 2 users are following.

ive had a strange feeling in my right side - sort of kid to upper torso - tingling, prickling sometimes sharp pain like what i imagine an electric shock might feel like. but the skin itself is numb. on my back ive got a really painful spot around the same longitude.

ive had this for about 4-5 days.

a friend mentioned it could be shingles and the symptons do appear to fit, except i have no rash.

has anyone any advice please?

1 like, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

It could be shingles, sure sounds like it.. check with your do tor for positive ID, it's important to receive the Shingrix vaccine as soon as the rash or spots stop. This will help prevent the frequency of recurrence and the severity as well as nerve damage. I have had it for 13 years and had both vaccines has helped prevent serious pain and nerve damage.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.