Shooting pain down down leg after 2nd microdisectomy

Posted , 2 users are following.

hi i have had a second microdisectomy on l4/5 S1 , My first pre surgery was horrific shotting pain and was a success, a few years later the other side herniated which caused gnawing pain and weak foot and numbness , painful shin when walking . I have had a second op 2 weeks ago but out of the blue am getting shooting pains down my other leg which i never got before , is this normal? or a sign the op has actually made it worse,

thanks in advance for replies

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Oh John so sorry to hear about the awful time you've been through. I can only imagine how painful it has been, I know words can't do it any justice.

Thanks to God only my back problems haven't required any surgery which I'm so grateful for, so I'm so sorry that I can't offer any perspective or insight into this. I am hoping there can be others on here with good knowledge and experience who can help.

I know it might be a completely different issues but one thing I found really helpful personally in the past during periods of sciatica down the leg has been Bowen Therapy. It worked almost like a miraculous cure when I was struggling with it badly. One useful book that my osteopath recommended was 'Back Pain Decoded' by Robert Shanks, think you can get a black and white copy on Amazon for around £20 (UK money). Gives some different ideas, gadgets and things to try for back pain, without going into all the jargon stuff, explains things in a good and clear way.

I believe that God is the great healer John, hoping and praying so much for your healing and for you to be pain free again soon. Hang in there, just wanted you to know I was thinking about you when I read your message.

Craig

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.