Short term use - advice for withdrawal

Posted , 2 users are following.

I was recently prescribed Pregabalin 75mg twice a day for pain relief. I took this dose for approx three weeks before going down to 75mg once a day for a few days. I then had chemo on Wednesday last week and, with all the meds I have been taking, I unintentionally left out the pregabalin.

For almost a week I have felt terrible, putting it down to the chemo but now reading up on others experiences, I am sure it is withdrawal symptoms.

My main question is... should I just stick this out? I appreciate everyone is different but based on taking it for a short period of time, when can I expect the symptoms to clear and the drug to be out of my system?

It was never a plan to stay on this drug but, if I knew then what I know now, i would never have started it!

1 like, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Hi Sarah,

I used to be on Pregabalin for about a year. I can't remember much coming of it, it didn't seem to cause me any problems. I think it is very individual how your body responses. I would suggest to lower the dose for a few weeks and then again till you are off it completely. Most drugs like this or antidepressants are addictive in some way and need to be tapered off gradually. Good luck with it! Vladka

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.