should I be tested for Fibromyalgia?

Posted , 2 users are following.

I am a woman 45, I am slim but im not in the best of health saldly, I have what you call Medullary sponge Kidney disease with lots of complications, interstital cystitis, Chronic Migrianes, My doctor mentioned to me I could have Fibro do to my wide spread pain, I feel ill all the time, my body just aches all the time, my fingers, knees, neck and shoulders,  ankles, I feel like my skin hurts sometimes even my hair. there are days I just dont even want to get dressed. I don't take much medications at this time, just Maxalt for migraines, azo and estrodiol, tremadol for pain. so I just don't think its meds making me feel this way, I have had migraines for years. MSK for 4 years and IC for two. Does it sound like I could have Fibro? I am going to see my doctor next week to talk about my symptoms!

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi there, that does sound like fibro symptoms but I wonder if the estrodiol could be causing some of it, when I've read about hormone inbalance and treatments I did notice a lot of people on estrogen therapy reported a lot of aches and pains, headaches/migraines is also top of the list of side effects. Do you remember a starting point?

The treatment for migraines is often and anticonvulsant

The treatment for fibro is often an anticonvulsant

The treatment for IC I have read is often an anticonvulsant

So perhaps you should discuss with your dr about an anticonvulsant, when I was reading reviews for gabapentin I noticed reviews for all above conditions so it might be one to mention, others are pregablin, carbamazepine and possibly some of the antidepressant meds that control pain not depression such as amytryptlyn and nortryptlyn.

I don't know how medications would interfere with your kidney disease but it's worth discussing your options. Good luck

• Posted

Thanks for getting back to me, I have been on estrogen since 96 do to a hystro. I have had migraines way before that. I went off the estrogen for about 6 years and I got to where I couldn't walk my joints hurt so bad and the night sweats where unemaginable..... I have tried amyrtyptlyn before for migraines but it didn't seem to help much at all just made me feel depressed because I felt drugged and sleepy all the time. I haven't tried pregablin or carbamaepine before but will talk to the doctor. I can't take antiinflannatory because of my kidney disease. I talk to my doctor about these options. Thanks again....
    • Posted

Well It was confirmed today, I do have fibromyalgia, now comes the next step dealing with it......
    • Posted

sorry to hear that, what options did they give you for treatment? Make sure you run everything past your kidney dr first to make sure they are safe to take.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.