Should I be worried? ? ? Over 2 weeks and still no results on endo byopsy.

Posted , 4 users are following.

I am gonna be 40 next month. I have a history of cancer. I have had kidney cancer and skin cancer.

My cycles have been crazy for many years. About 4 1/2 yrs ago i had an abnormal lining in the uterus via ultra sound. The dr did a byopsy which came back normal and did a d&c which she said would restart my cycle and it should be normal. It has gotten worse.

I received news a couple weeks ago that I had hpv (but not one of the bad strains) which I don't understand. The dr did endo byopsy on June 27. I have not heard from her. I did call the office yesterday and was told the results were not in my chart. I have been going crazy.

There is a lot of conflicting stories online. Some say if it is cancer you will know in a couple of days. Others say if it's not you would hear in a couple of days. What does it mean when it takes more than 2 weeks? I am scared to death. (3 strikes you're out)

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

No one can tell you what it means unfortunately.

Don't think like that 3x your out.....I think it is irresponsible of the Dr not to call you back.

Can you drive there or is it far?  I would drive THERE...I would not be able to take that anxiety for one more minute!

• Posted

One would think that if they were able to tell you that you were positive for hpv that they would have had the other results, too, but I don't know what process they have for looking at tissue displaysia.  

Perhaps It was sent to another lab.  I agree with Missy, go there.  If you call them they can just say what they want in order to put you off, then hang up.  Go there, stand there, and make them do something!  You don't have to be nasty, but once you start speaking (and don't lower your voice) everyone in the office, including waiting patients will know that the office has been irresponsible with your care. If the lab has already performed the test, then you can demand that the office ask them to e-mail or fax the results again immediately, and tell them you will wait for them. That should light a fire under them!

As for the three strikes--try to look at it this way, you have beaten cancer 2 times!  smile You are stronger, not weaker, because of it.  You can feel the fear, and still fight.  

Let us know how you do!  xx

• Posted

Oh hell yeah, go to that Doctor if you haven't already and demand why no calls and what this has done to you. The wait is always the worst! How inconsiderate of them to not get back to after all that time! Good luck and I hope outcome is a great one

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.