Shoulder blade grinding, shoulder pinching no pain.

Posted , 2 users are following.

Shoulder blade grinding when pulling back, my shoulder pinches when lifting to the side. I don't feel pain at all maybe slight tenderness. Range of motion seems fine. Also strength doesn't seem affected. The affected shoulder seems higher than the other and the top bone seems It's protruding a bit more than the other. It's more of an annoyance than anything. I've resisted weight lifting for awhile now because i don't want to make it worse whatever it is. been to two different doctors and they didn't do much. My insurance is pretty bad and i don't have enough money to keep going to doctors that aren't helping. I've been trying to work on shoulder strengthening exercises I've seen on YouTube. Just seeing if i could get some opinions on here. Thank you.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Edited

the doctors that you have seen have surely given you a diagnosis, and prognosis. what was the injury?

i have suffered from tears in rotator cuffs in both shoulders. The goals of my treatment was to relieve pain and restore strength to both shoulders. Even though most tears cannot heal on their own, good function can often be achieved without surgery has been the story in my case.

not knowing your injury in my experience every time my shoulders are injured the weaker and less tolerant to use they become. not sure if your shoulder injury is comparable.

• Posted

No diagnosis at all, they said it's just something that could last for months and they prescribed me naproxen. They did say it was likely not a tear. Like i said there's really no pain. a little bit of tenderness and just gets pinched and my shoulder blade is grinding.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.