Shoulder Pain

Posted , 1 user is following.

I am right handed and have right shoulder pain.  Its made worse by using the mouse moving my arm back and forward.  How can I restrict the movement in my shoulder but still use the mouse Thoughts that occur are some sort of bandage. brace or sitting forward so don't have to move mouse too far or using other hand

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Try getting a wireless vertical mouse. I had the same problem and it was recommended to me by my physio. It is much more comfortable and you can hold your arm in a more neutral position
  • Posted

Thanks I have a rollerball mouse which I guess is similar - is it - I dont have to move my shoulder as much.  I have never heard of a wireless vertical mouse but they look very expensive
  • Posted

No it's a bit different. I used to have a rollerball on a mat to the R of my keyboard but that means your shoulder is always externally rotated when using it - which hurt!.Now I use the wireless vertical and hold my arm across my chest - in the same position as if in a sling. It is so much more comfortable , it took a couple of days to get used to it though but everybody comments on my chunky mouse!

i got the evoluent - online - have never seen in shops - is expensive but worth it 

good luck!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.