Shoulder replacement

Posted , 2 users are following.

has anyone had a total shoulder replacement and are you happy?

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Hello Grace, I had reverse total shoulder arthroplasty. ( replacement) of my left shoulder, on November 7 2022. I just finished PT on Feb. 8th. A couple of delays because I was sick for a couple of days, And my therapist was sick for a few. Everything went very well and my range of motion was better than expected. I still have a little trouble clasping my hands behind my back, but I can still improve it with stretching. No severe pain, but I still have trouble trying to sleep on the shoulder. I still try for a while before falling asleep and when I wake up. It's great to not have to hear my shoulder every time I moved my arm. Not need anymore cortisone injections in the joint. But most of all, no pain.

Reverse total replacement is where the cup and ball of the shoulder joint is switched around. The cup is attached to the humerus (arm bone) and the ball is now on the shoulder.

(fairly routine if there's rotator cuff damage)

Now, we're planning to replace the right shoulder. I'm not really looking forward to going through with this again, but I just want to be done with it to enjoy the Summer.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.