Sick of blepharitis

Posted , 2 users are following.

Here's my story with blepharitis over about 3 year period of time to the present.

1 like, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

I have to find it..I wrote a long rant....
  • Posted

I'm in USA but I just found a similar sounding "style" on my lower right eyelid but it doesn't hurt at all.

I started with blepharitis about 3 years ago can't remember . Went to eye surgeon, opthomalogist, and Allergist. all 3 had a different diagnosis. That made me feel like they dont't know what they are looking at.

After a lot of medications, baby shampoo, Wet Ones, hot compresses, etc. I started allergy shots. It's now a year since I started those and now I get a once a month shot. I changed eye make up to a natural company and tossed out all my beloved all makeup. I used to only use eyeliner and mascara. Now just eyeliner no mascara due to alopecia. Don't want to aggregate what little I have left.

I have slight rosacia as well. I am post menopause and have dry skin.

Now due to extreme DRY eyes my optho advised I start Restasis. 

BTW all along this path our son had brain cancer and passed 2015. all the crying probably didn't help and I still cry everyday. The Restasis seems to be working but doctor said it could take up to 6 weeks for it to really work. so the latest is this tiny little blip on my lower eyelid. At first it was a little itchy now nothing.

Due to all the grief and pain we are going through I'm just not doing anything about it right now.

I know when I went to Florida a year ago the blepharitis was the worst it's ever been.

My allergist said get rid of all down quilts. Wash bedding in hot water frequently and get dust mite mattress covers. I did all that too. I also vacuum more often these days to keep dust level down.

Even with all the time and $$$ I spent on this blepharitis I still feel my eyelids could blow up at any moment.

But I'm starting to think the eye line was the culprit all the time. It was L'Oreal pencil perfect. Love it now trashed...

• Posted

Hi, Karen,

So sorry about your son.  Unimaginable. 

I have been told Restasis takes 4-6 months to work but good it seems to help you.  Going to different docs and each contradicting the other seems to be common experience, sadly.  On 5th doc but she specializes in dry eye.

iIn US, too.  Do you  belong to Facebook support groups?  They are good sources of information and helpful members who understand what it is like to deal with blepharitis, MGD, etc.  Nothing against this site😃.  

• Posted

Hi,

Thank you .

No never thought of FB groups. I will definitely look.

The Restasis is $ . And you stay on it for life but my eyes feel better in some ways already and yes doc said 4-6 weeks . I think I started about 2 + weeks ago. Karen

• Posted

FB groups really helpful and welcoming. Easy to navigate too. I get a little lost here ☺️

Yes, Restasis $$. But worth it if it helps

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.