Side effects of bloating, some pain in the stomach area taking Ropinirole

Posted , 3 users are following.

I am taking the medication Ropinirole and am experiencing some bloating and some pain in the abdominal area.  Is anyone else having these problems?

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Interesting how one med is no problem for someone and can cause problems for another person.  It's a real trial and error process.  Which can be so disheartening.  I'm adding gabapentin - low dose - back into my cocktail of meds and am having the side affects that the doctor raises eyebrows about.  She just doesn't seem to feel gabapentin has these side affects.  Well, it certainly does for me.  I take Ropinirole -  low does and have for years.  Can cause tiredness and I wake up with headache in a.m. but no abdominal problems at all.  As I said, seems we are all individual.  Just because it doesn't affect one person that way doesn't mean it isn't causing your problems.  Hope you find something that works without the bad side affects.

• Posted

Thank you for your reply.  My Ropinirole is three miligrams per tablet and I take one at nighttime.  Just wonder if you are taking Ropinirole for restless legs?  I think there are times it gets so bad that I feel like taking poison and I equate gabapentin to poison.  I have been off of it for about three weeks and I am in hopes that the withdrawal is causing the bloated, abdominal discomfort.  Again, thanks for taking the time to answer my post.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.