Side effects of Losartan ?

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi, I'm 75,recently diagnosed with high blood pressure. I've started on a small dose of Losartan, which seems to be working as after a month my blood pressure has dropped a fair bit.

My question is, has anyone noticed significant hair loss while taking this ? I seem to have noticed this in the first couple of weeks, but now it's possibly slowed down .

Could the hair loss have been caused by my high blood pressure, and the Losartan is now reducing it ? Or could it be the Losartan itself that's causing it ?

My mother went significantly bald in her eighties, and I'm terrified that I'lldo the same.

So another question, can anyone recommend a really effective supplement for treating hair loss ?

Any answers would be very much appreciated !

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

I'm 78 and taken losartin for about 12 yrs. No hair loss at all. However baldness is a gene from your mother's side. Could be from your mom or her father. My mom passed at age 90 with a full head of hair. so did her father years before when he died at 72.

If your mom was bald, you might want to call Bosley hair replacement. There is also an RX called Rogain or a similar RX Finasteide. The later has similar ingredient to Rogain, but causes erectile disfunction.

Consider yourself lucky it didn't happen earlier in life. My wife father was bald. My wife (same age as me) has very thin/sparse hair. My son, age 50 is partially bald and worsening.

Hate to be bearer of bad news.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.