Side effects when on canderstartan and amlodipine

Posted , 3 users are following.

hi everyone.  I have been on canderstartan for over 20 years and my GP and just added amlodipine to control my BP. Only been on a short time. But I feel really heavy and everything thing is an effort to do and feel breathless, will these symptons settle ? The first drug she added I ended up in a and e  so she is now trying  amlodipine.....just feel horrible since starting the blocker...thanks

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi Kent

I went through this and it was all an effort, like walking through treacle and breathless, dropped the dose by half and this helped but am now trying to get of them. Nobody says how much your body gets to rely on them.

• Posted

Hi, I started on Losartan 50mg (an Angiotensin Receptor Blocker) about 6 months ago. The experience was mixed, its effectiveness was minimal bp was down only about 5mmHg (from 165 to 160)...and I suffered constant migraines. Later the health professional changed the regimen altogether, taking out Losartan and replacing it with amlodipine 10mg, enapril 10mg (an ACE blocker) and Atenolol 50mg (a beta blocker). Except for a persistent cough and slight dizziness, my bp now reads  117/46 and pulse 85 (formerly 103). I can live with the persistent cough. Its all more or less a trade-off as the medications all has its side effects.....and it is only matter of finding one combination with the most tolerable side effects. Best of luck.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.