Sinusitis help

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi I have sinusitis had ct scan to prove it

I feel so down with it

It's been two months had three lots of antibiotics

Been given steroid spray and another spray been told to douche nose with salt water

Feel so tired above eyes very clammy around neck feel sick

Dry nose no post nasel drip at all

Please help me what can I do???

0 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

What did the CT scan show?

Mine is dry too, it's like a blockage then congestion and pain. Awful condition.

• Posted

All sinus are full of gunk and swollen ct showed

I just want to cut my head off

I've been douching hourly and spraying 4 times daily but nothing coming through

Just spent a week in hospital as it got really bad

Waiting for clinic appt with surgeon

I've had this for three months now a well as depression

• Posted

Hi Rumana

The scan showed all inflamed and gunk on right side my ears are blocked and it's a constant wooshing sound eyes so tired blurry vision

I also feel light headed and my legs are like jelly

On flixonase nose drops and third lot of antibiotics

Suffering depression aswell which doesn't help

Horrible isn't it 😔

• Posted

This is the reason that sinusitis is so had to treat because everybody can have the same r different symptoms. everyone reacts differently to treatments. I hear u it does get tiring and frustation. I can not tell u what will help. As i have tried many different treatment in my battle with chronic sinusitis. But u r not alone.
  • Posted

Hi Julie,

There are other, similar posts on this site.  If you read through them you find people suggest various things that they've found helpful over the years.

For me, I had chronic sinusitis for about a year, many years ago.  I would get swellings above or below my eye and didn't where to put my head because of the pain.  I was given repeated courses of antibiotics but it always came back.

Then my doctor suggested I tried inhaling the steam from menthol crystals disolved in boiling water.  I did this several times a day, pain went, and very rarely now get blocked up after a cold.

I also, coincidentally, started taking evening primrose oil capsules for something else around the same time.  A guy often posts on here saying that evening primrose cured his sinusitis.  I certainly haven't had a problem since - and I still take it everyday as I believe it's really good for just about everything.

Hope this helps!

• Posted

Thanks. Miriam for reply

I don't know how you survived that long I've had it for about 4 months

Thanks for tip I will try anything it is nasty to suffer from this as you know

Frustrated from the fatigue too

I sweat a lot too

Is that normal?

• Posted

Should I be worried as I have aching lower back of head into neck now

On right side ?

Or is that normal with sinusitis ?

• Posted

Hi Julie

I have lower aching back of head and into my neck also. It differs from left to right and sometimes both

I really worry it's a brain tumour, MS or a stroke.

I'm seeing a doctor on Friday and hopefully she'll be able to arrange for an MRI to check out anything serious or not

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.