Sinusitis..... ? No idea

Posted , 2 users are following.

Evening all,

i apologies for war and peace but I really am trying to fond answers, so i thought as much info as possible would be helpful.

A few days before the 17th September I had a fuzzy pressure type sensation behind my nose, this didn't cause any discomfort but was odd, as I've never experienced it before.

on the 17th September I got up out of bed extremely quickly as our youngest was unwell, as a result I went dizzy/nauseous & had pressure in my head, to which I ended up in the ED where the attending doctor said it was an inner ear imbalance of the fluid, which would subside in a few days. Needless to say it only got worse & the pressure in my head & behind my nose was awful.

3 months+ later I still have daily pressure in my head & behind my nose. My head feels heavy, hurts & feels like it is in a vice. My forehead feels so heavy that my eyes are hooded and I look tired. My head in the beginning felt so heavy to hold up, as if my neck could not support it.

I don't & haven't had a cold, but throughout this I keep sounding nasal & blocked up. I do get sore throats mainly first & last thing

I have noticed a post nasal drip that is thick, cloudy/yellow in colour & thick/stringy in consistency. When I have done nasal rinses tiny tiny floating amounts come out, like little globules of thick yellowish mucus.

During the last 3 months I have experienced a tingly sensation over my scalp, however it didn't & hasn't continued to be persistent. I hear popping and crackling within my nose & my ears seem to fill then pop when I blow my nose.

I have had a CT scan of my head whilst in the ED which I am told was all clear, the attending doctor also said my sinuses were clear. I thought this strange as I thought to check sinuses it had to be a specific CT scan of the area.

I've had antibiotics, nasal sprays, nose sprays, ear sprays from my GP until they wrote to ENT via guidance & advice who said could be rhinsinusitis and to treat with antibiotics and nasal spray, if no better.... CT scan of sinuses. So i had more antibiotics and spray, but id already had a CT scan..

On the 30th October I went back to my GP who wasn't concerned and didn't understand how head pressure and headache has been constant for the length of time. She said they would request an MRI however they may well reject it as I had a CT that was clear.

On the 15th November I requested that my doctors surgery get back in touch with ENT via guidance & advice to inform them I have taken the recommended course of treatment and also had a CT scan.

On the 28th November I chased my request from the 15th November - to find they had not actioned this. A doctor has now sent further advice & guidance to ENT as per my request

I had my MRI on the 29th November and

thus far haven't heard back. I feel very frustrated and upset that i am having to chase everything. I have already had over a month off work, and although I am on a phased return, I find myself unable to complete a full day due to the discomfort & pain I am in.

I have seen and tried Soft Tissue therapy, holistic therapies, Chiropractic treatment, Physiotherapy & Dental.

Due to PTSD I bite & clench my teeth together so I have even though I have damaged the TMJ, and as a result now have a mouth guard to wear at night to see if it helps.

I am trying to diagnose myself through desperation, as I don't seem to be getting anywhere with my doctor's surgery.

Symptoms to date **

Dizziness

Head pressure / headaches / head hurts all over

Heavy head & eyes

Fatigue

Mucous (yellow/cloudy in colour & thick in consistency)

Head hurts

Pressure/pulsing behind the nose

Pressure/pulsing occassionally in top teeth (not painful just odd sensation)

Right nostril sounds blocked

Sound like I have a cold (nasal)

Sore throat sometimes (first & last thing)

Mouth uncomfortable to open wide

Temple area constantly aches

Cheek bones tender

Turning head left & read increases pressure feeling in head

Medications/Remedies taken & tried

Inhalations

Warm wheat packs

Steamy showers

Nasal rinses

Hopi ear

Indian headf

I have booked an appointment with a private ENT consultant that i shouldn't have to do but i am desperate. I am wanting a camera up the nose which they know, and they also said they would check the CT scan and request the MRI.

Of course I am scared about the MRI results like you wouldn't believe and so I don't know whether to wait on them being reported back to my GP before I see ENT in case it shows anything up.

I was wondering if any of this resonates with anyone out there .......

Everything I search for points to sinusitis etc but I just don't know.

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

You have articulated very well your symptoms. This sounds like chronic sinusitis. This seems to be a very wide spread problem right now, from what I've seen. I've have co workers who have this and have been dealing with it for several weeks. As I say, it seems to be a wide spread problem as of now. I had had it for over 6 weeks and my symptoms are just now starting to subside somewhat. I have been doing many of the same treatments you mentioned in your post.

I did a round of antibiotics which didn't do anything. Keep doing the treatments you've been doing and follow up with your doctor. I think this winter season, due to previous COVID issues, sinus/breathing issues are going to be a big issue for a lot of people this winter season...

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.