Sjorgrens and burning mouth syndrome

Posted , 3 users are following.

I have primary Sjorgrens and recently have been ill with stomach problems, tested for covid and negative. Also had endoscopy and have sliding hernia, gerd and tiny ulcers on back of throat and thrush.

Now I have burning pain in my mouth and tongue, very dry mouth and strange taste in mouth. Could this be burning mouth syndrome? Stomach is much better and I rarely get acid reflux in throat.

Dont want to bother doctor as am waiting for ENT appointment anyway, and they are so busy. Does anyone have any ideas in how to calm mouth down? Have taken weeks worth of thrush pills, dreadful side effects! was better but now this has turned up for the past week.

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

hi , the rheumatologist told it was all part of SS. .....i drink sips of water all day and chew gum a lot....seems to help for a while. But now any and all new symptoms she attributes to SS ....so i don't really know (including chronic gastritis)

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.