Skin cancer ?

Posted , 4 users are following.

A weird brownish-red spot appeared on my sister's elbow and I'm very worried it might be skin cancer as it looks like some of the pics I've seen on google.

How do I know if it's skin cancer?

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

If you have been googling than you know the only real way to tell is if you go to a Dermatologist.

If she has been in the sun...it could just be the melanin in her skin acting up...no big deal possibly.  If it has a irregular shape and is dark brown or red around edges...I would be concerned.

• Posted

I had a very reasonable looking turn out to be skin cancer and the one I was concerned about that looked weird was nothing. So, I've learned that the pics don't mean anything. Go to a dermatologist. They will decide whether a biopsy is needed or not. That's the only way to be sure.

• Posted

Hi Marilyn

I am a cancer patient and I would suggest that Google is not the best place to feel reasurred by your concerns. The best person is your G.P. and by now you may already have had your sister there to show your G.P. and to express your concerns. It is good that you and your sister are proactive in knowing your bodies and recognising when 'something' is not right. I sincerely hope that all goes well in identifying the 'spot'

Kind Regards

Michaelwink

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.