SLAP Tear or Reverse Bankart?

Posted , 2 users are following.

I have an arthrogram confirmed labral tear at the 5 o'clock- 10 o'clock position. I met with the orthopedic surgeon on Friday, and he referred to it as a slap tear and gave me a cortisone shot. I though slap tears were at the top of the shoulder (10-2)? Google tells me that what I have is actually a reverse bankart tear which probably needs surgery. Was the doctor mistaken? I still have significant pain and instability in the shoulder. Thanks!

1 like, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Edited

depending on the severity of the tear or if there is debris usually PT is first on the list.injections don't help but treatment has helped me. if you need more info then see another doctor for another opinion.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.