Sleep Anxiety

Posted , 2 users are following.

I am going through a period on not being able to sleep, GP has given me a few zopiclone tablets but they do not seem to help.

Now I start thinking and worrying about going to bed in the early evening and really getting anxious, sounds silly, tell myself to not to do it but it does not make any difference.

Any ideas how I can overcome this as it is beginning to effect the rest of my life.

Thanks for any replies.

1 like, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

i have had sleep problems forever. i found listening to music or stories on ear buds distracts my talking to my self and keeping awake all night. also i was low on magnesium which regulates many systems . check about blood tests for low on D, magnesium , B12 .

also winter time and winter cold days shorter messes my sleep clock up.

taking benzedrines can help the only problem is the the body require larger doses and addiction may be a issue . docs are required to help patients ween off the meds eventually.

i trained myself to listen to fav tv shows i like , set on repeat on my ipad. before sleep no food after 8pm. then 12:30 i take benedryl and one baby asprin to help relax. then plug into ipad and go to sleep within an hour .

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.