Sleep position

Posted , 3 users are following.

Help got slipped disc lower back, disc pressing on nerve down right leg, awaiting operation. I can't sleep I can't find any position to get comfy enough to ignore the pain at least

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi Jenna,

So sorry to hear you're going through this awful experience, I really hope that the pain eases and the surgery can come sooner than later. Praying that God helps and takes this horrible pain away from you, I believe God is going to bring healing in your situation Jenna. Thinking about you. I'm fortunate in that my back pain hasn't been as severe as yours, but one thing that has helped is amitrypyline, taking a couple of hours before going to bed helps me to get a good sleep. It is an anti-depressant used for pain also, helps with nerve pain. However I'm no doctor maybe something worth discussing with the doc if not already tried that. 

Hang in there and and hoping and praying for your recovery Jenna - thinking of you.

Craig

• Posted

Hiya , am recovering from a back op year on now . I used to find laying on me side and I brought a v pillow and used to put it in between me legs. I still do it now . I just found if I laid on me back which was fine I used find it hard getting up. Or rolling to side , when was on side I used be able roll me self to get out of bed . And I never laid flat was propped up by loads of pillows . It will be whatever works for you . I used have hot water bottles everything pills galore. So I do feel for you good luck with operation take care
    • Posted

Sounds like really good advice Donna, I really hope you are doing well and recovering well from your back op, that must have been such an ordeal to go through and really hoping that the worst part of the recovery / pain is behind you and you can move forward with life now - hoping that and trusting God for your healing I really pray. My back pain hasn't required surgery I can only thank God for that but still be frustrating and debilitating, hoping and praying God helps us always. 

Yes I find that sleeping with pillow in between knees and cushion in between feet helps too, it can be annoying when turning over and things right enough that it can help, and finding the right kind of mattress can really help too. 

Hoping your back is feeling much better and believing it will continue to improve and get better over the coming months until you feel back to full fitness again!

Craig

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.