Slight feeling of pressure in left side of chest

Posted , 1 user is following.

Just wondered if anyone else gets this because I've never heard about my exact symptoms in anything I've read before.

I often have a constant, very light feeling of pressure in the left/centre of my chest. Its so mild that I can't notice it when I'm moving or doing something. But as soon as I sit down or am still, I notice it again.

Have had ECGs and other tests and doctor assures me there's nothing physically wrong and it's down to anxiety. I believe him, because I've had it for years (at least 10 years, more I think) and, as my doctor says, if it was cardio related it would have developed into something more by now.

But it still worries me because I haven't heard of anyone else with this symptom. And since being diagnosed with anxiety I've made lots of changes - better sleep, more exercise, stopped smoking etc - which have cleared up a lot of the other symptoms I had, but not this one.

Anyone else experience this? Honestly the feeling of "pressure" is so light that it's easy to ignore, it just feels like I am wearing a shirt with a chest pocket, that has a small item like a pen in it, which is pressing gently against my chest. Sometimes it lasts a few hours and sometimes days, but I get it regularly, like two or three times a week.

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.