slow heart rate

Posted , 5 users are following.

Has anyone ever had a slow heart rate mine is often as low as 39  bp. it does go up when I move around but when I rest it goes down again .  had a heart test a few days ago and they didnt seem to e concerned that my heart rate was slow .

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Hi Joyce

Brill bp.

Cyclists ie on the ( tour de france ) are monitored and they can have a slower bp.

Well done.

Dave

• Posted

My heart rate varies between fast and slow.  I am on bisoprolol and when it goes slow they reduce the medication, fine for a while and then off we go again. Does not matter what I am doing.  I do suffer from heart failure, and they do not seem overly worried.

i would suggest keep an eye on it and if worried see the GP

• Posted

I sometimes wonder if it is some of the meds I am on for pain ,I take oramorph so it could be that well I think it might be 

Thanks Jenny

• Posted

Does your pulse feel irregular? What test did you have?

No one bothered when for years my heart rate was normally in the 40's and often in the 30's in the morning. When I developed atrial fibrilation and had a seven day ECG monitor that showed that I was having 3 second pauses betweem heart beats at times they told me I needed a pacemaker to stop my heart rate going under 60.

• Posted

Yes it is irregular ..I have had a 24 hour ecg monitor done.alo a heart echo done and blood pressure 24 hour monitor ..but they said all was ok, Thanks for your reply Derek
    • Posted

Before they found the pauses in my heart rate a nurse at the hospital who took my BP asked if I had been very fit n my young days as I had such a low heart rate. I told her I had never been accused of being fit before:-)

My GP runs marathons and has a low heart rate as athletes tend to.

• Posted

They say your supposed to be fit with a slow heart rate. I am not one of the fit ones  ..lol

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.