Slow transit constipation & Right sided faecal loading

Posted , 11 users are following.

Hi,

Does anyone suffer with (or know someone that does?) "Idiopathic Slow transit constipation" and "Right sided faecal loading".

I have suffered with constipation on and off for many many years - now in my mid 40's and suffering worse than ever.

I'm currently able to poop 1 or 2 X per week. I have been given every laxative, stool softener (and so on) known to man!

They have made little to no difference.

I'm now at my wit's end.

4 days ago I had a colonoscopy - I'm still very painfully bloated from this - any gas that does come out is mucousy and still not pooped since.

For several months prior to my colonoscopy my Consultant changed my diet - limited high fibre foods, no seeds as they stick to your colon walls. Basically I could eat anything that was 'low to no fibre' - this makes no sense to me as it's not a healthy diet and goes against my idea of healthy eating/living.

I've been told to go back to eating normally (everything in moderation,,l) and to continue using movicol - stool softener and prucalopride to keep things moving. I hate taking medications - especially when they're making no difference.

Has anyone else suffered with this? Have you been able to treat this yourself with diet alone?

Thanks for reading X

1 like, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Amen! You are speaking my language!  These are my exact symptoms.  

Lactulose and Miralax are the only two things that help me, they are both prescription.  I had to play around with dosing timing etc and every day is still a struggle but they work for me.

• Posted

Correction I meant Lactulose and Linzess 
  • Posted

I'm a fan of Miralax.  Take it every morning.  Makes me pretty normal.

• Posted

hi i have slow transit constapation i use precalopride is a new medication you can get it works for me a bit i also use a bagi fill with water and flush it out. i couldnt be without it but i have a bulge in my left side at the top and i think its stuck i hope this helps i feel sick cant eat losing weight and feel like im running a tempeture

• Posted

I suffered with this for years and took alot of laxatives both prescription and herbal and honestly they worked but my body got addicted to the stuff and I couldn't go without. It will be a battle getting your body to do the work it's supposed to but has become lazy to due to laxative abuse.

Water is so important to your diet. Water, fibre and a balanced diet. It won't happen straight away and when you've been used to going using laxatives it makes your body change and do things differently. It took me a while to get used to going the way my body wanted to. Drink at least 2 litres of water a day. Eat nuts and fruits as well. Try to sleep a good amount as well and take some multivitamins and minerals. Be patient things will settle back. Don't give up. Time will adjust your body back to its usual routine

• Posted

this is the first time I have found anyone who has experienced loading and pain specifically on the right side.

Just recently I have found out my pain in my right side most probably is being caused by a faecal blockage and has been there for some time. i still go to the toilet every day but have an incomplete feeling i suppose.

Now it is to the point i cannot lay on that side or put pressure on it at all. It has a dull ache to it that often grabs me sharper.

it hurts when i pass gas and funnily it hurts when i drink water!

can you relate to any of this?

• Posted

You will have to live with your "Idiopathic Slow transit constipation" by cleansing your bowels regularly in an effective manner.

Castor Oil will not work directly in your intestines by irritating them like all the other laxatives but indirectly by activating and synthesizing certain substances in the human body. So, in no case a habituation in moving the bowels by swallowing Castor Oil will be possible. In order to cleanse the bowels by swallowing Castor Oil you should take an adequate dose: the Russian popular medicine recommends one milliliter Castor Oil per one kilogramm of the weight of the human body; e. g. 60 kg --> 60 ml (= 2 oz), this taken the best early in the morning, not having breakfasted, together with the double amount of tomato juice. Normally 1 to 2 hours after having gulped your dose of Castor Oil the first evacuations will begin. Moving the bowels by swallowing Castor Oil is very different from one person to the other, for this depends exclusively of the amount of the toxins deliberated by this stuff in the liver: In the case that your liver will be free from all toxins, moving the bowels by gulping Castor Oil will occur harmless and in a short time, in the contrast this will be harmful with cramps in your bowels and allergic reactions in your anal region, this continuing for hours. So, all these attendant symptoms have not the cause in Castor Oil but in the poisoning of the human body: It will be necessary to repeat this as soon as possible.

There exists no substitute for castor oil, for exclusively this one will be able to cleanse your bowels completely not by irritating them but by activating and synthesizing certain substances of the human body. So no weakening of the laxative effects by swallowing castor oil will be possible.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.