Smashed both wrist bones, had ORiF surgery and now have 7 pins and a plate , please advise.

Posted , 2 users are following.

iI had a fall in our garden 28/05/22 and smashed both my wrist bones. Had ORIF surgery 10 days later. my cast was removed 5/07/22 and was given a wrist splint to wear but to wean myself out of it asap. I am back at the fracture clinic 08/08/22 for a review. I am very concerned about the amount of swelling that I have from my wrist right down to my fingers, I can only just manage to bend my fingers. My worry is, is this normal. I am attempting to do exercises that I found on line but there appears to be no improvement.Am I being too impatient. PLEASE HELP.

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Rosie, hello,

how are you getting on?

just saw your post and I am at the moment where you were when you wrote it. I sincerely hope that things improved for you since:)

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.