Sneaky Wee Puffs

Posted , 2 users are following.

Firstly hello to everyone, im a new member of this forum.

I've stopped smoking actual full cigarettes bow for around four months but the cravings are still really bad. I've been having a sneaky puff, one or two puffs of a roll up and thats it in the morning (my wife still smokes). Then im fine and dont touch it at all.

I use an inhilator, sometimes with a cartridge inside sometimes without. Obviously i want to stop taking these puffs but is it acceptable.

is it okay to do this if its getting me through the day?

How can i stop this?

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Well done Allan for getting this far. If you are in UK do ask at your local GP surgery........most of them run schemes to help give up smoking and they are very good.

Alternatively you could try nicotine patches, but do it with guidance from your GP. Then you will be using the correct strength patches for the correct amount of time.

Can you persuade your wife to give up as well? Its not helpful for someone trying to give up when another member of the family is still smoking. You will be inhaling her smoke as well.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.