So disappointed in Nevro stimulator

Posted , 1 user is following.

After injections failed in helping my sciatica leg pain any longer than 2 or 3 months I accepted the advice of my Pain Mgmt. doctor to try a spinal cord stimulator. I ran the brochure past my Neurologist and was informed that the recommended device would interfere with normal MRIs that I need for my MS. She recommended one made my Medtronix. My pain mgmt. doctor said that was fine but in the end they installed one made by Nevro, which required external charging with a paddle against my back, very difficult to do, where the Medtronix has a self contained battery.

The initial 1 week trial showed hope so the real device was installed. It too showed hope for about a week, then the pain returned. Initially Nevro was very responsive in adjusting the settings but it never helped much. Finally, like many folks on this forum, I stopped getting responses from Nevro. Finally, I had the stimulator removed because of the charging difficulty, ineffectiveness and complications in the MRIs. The Medtronix would have been easier to work with day to day but the downsides would be the same. My Neurologist told me that if the Nevro didn't work, the Medtronix would not have either. Bear in mind that the insertion and removal each required surgery leaving 2 scars in my back. To say I least I'm extremely disappointed and urge extreme caution to anyone contemplating getting one of these devices.

The

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.