So fed up. When will this anxiety ever go away ??

Posted , 22 users are following.

Hi all, I'm so fed up with this anxiety. I think my health anxiety is by far the worst. I've tried to ignore it, accept it, live with it, welcome it, say bring it on I just feel rotten. The pain in my chest and that choking feeling along with the pressure in my head has been here for the last 2 days, I just feel I can't cope with it any longer. It usually comes and goes and I try to put up with it, but it's really getting me down. I don't want to go back to the total panic I was in before but it feels like that might happen. I sometimes think all the therapy in the world couldn't help me. Just feel so upset by it all.frown

2 likes, 35 replies

35 Replies

Next
  • Posted

😔 I feel your pain and frustration Elaine. I have been suffering with anxiety and panic all my life and it's at the worst it's ever been. I'm beyond petrified everyday! I want shock therapy as I can't control my brain or thoughts any longer....I feel like I'm going to die....
  • Posted

I have all those symptoms! The pressure in my head is the worst! Feels like it's gonna explode!
    • Posted

Hi Emily

Just wondered of you also get pressure in your cheeks and eyes. This leads to plugged ear and nose and give an off balance feeling

• Posted

I get pressure around my ears and in my temples and sometimes when ok standing it will feel like the door is moving or swaying
  • Posted

Sorry to hear you have having such a hard time. It's so weird the way it grips hold of you but then other days it seems far easier to live with. Maybe it's all chemical. I don't know, hang in there. Tomorrow is a new day and might be easier. Keep remembering it's in your head and you will be ok. We all understand xx
  • Posted

Hi everyone thank you so much for replying. I'm just at my wits end with this. I've lost my job through it, a job I was in for 10 years. I know it's all in my head, but then I think, what if I really am ill ?? It's so frustrating and upsetting. Every day is such a struggle to act normal, to try and keep myself under control. My OCD is getting bad again too. The constant checking is awful. I spoke to my therapist last week about it as I foolishly thought almost everyone with anxiety had OCD too but he said no it's quite rare. Just fed up, but you are right tomorrow is another day and hopefully a better one. Thank you again, I appreciate all your replies, I really do.cheesygrin
    • Posted

I have OCD with anxiety and it's a horrible combination. Are you on any meds? I haven't yet although I've come close to asking for it. Hang on in there X
    • Posted

gaby, i have recently started a low dose of prozac for anxiety-ocd.  for the first two weeks or so i thought i was worse, and then i felt better. i am not cured, but it does help me not take things to the edge as i have always done. i do think that there are a few antidepressants that do help. i chose this one because it has very few side effects. i have to take something for depression also, so this has helped in both ways. i stayed curled up in a ball for about a month, then got on it, and about a month later i am at least functioning.... getting things done, etc. just my experience......
  • Posted

Hi Gaby, no I don't take any meds. I have tried over the last year but had horrible reactions that made my anxiety off the chart and I couldn't risk going back there. I often wish I could take something but I suppose it's not the magic pill I think it might be. The OCD makes me feel so annoyed as I say to myself just walk away you have already checked, but I always go back. Hope you start feeling better real soon. cheesygrin
    • Posted

Hi Elaine

Can you explain a bit more about the OCD with anxiety? I check my gas hobs plug sockets check i have my keys in my handbag x20 before i go out at lock and relock doors when i leave the house. I thought it was just anxiety? Im confused myself its crap

• Posted

yes, the underlying anxiety causes the symptoms of ocd. it runs in my famaily in all forms. from just a thought disorder, to cleaning, to hoarding. all of it is anxiety based.......  at least for us......
  • Posted

Hi elaine,

Anxiety really drains us out. Many a times we think if it will ever go away. But the fact is we are down and there is surely a way up. Recovery is slow but gradual.

I would encourage you to keep fighting. Continue your meds, therapy and some kind of physical exercise.

cheers 

• Posted

Hi Punk, thanks for replying. I'm trying to keep going, it's just been kind of hard lately. I want the old me back, she wasn't even that great, but she was much better than the new me. I can't stand the new me lol. cheesygrin
  • Posted

Hi Hayley, I'm no expert ofcourse but that sounds like OCD. I check everything and it must be an even amount of times. I might check the door is locked 4 times and then go to bed, then get up and check another 4 times. Same with windows, cooker, straighteners etc....I also check the taps are off by runnung my hands under them, it's so annoying ven when the cooker etc.. hasn't been on. For a while there it was taking me about half an hour to get out for all the checking. Definitely OCD for me anyway. Have you spoken to your Dr about it ? I know some people take meds for it.cheesygrin
    • Posted

Elaine is right my daughter has OCD badly. Bipolar but this is def OCD.infact i know she use to count the words in peoples sentences. she is not like that anymore thank god.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.