so much pain, help!

Posted , 4 users are following.

I've been suffering with such bad stomach pains and my gyneacologist suggested endometriosis but after ultrasounds and nothing showing up she tried to rule it out but my gp keeps re referring me as all my symptoms add up. excruciating periods, bleeding in between periods or no period at all, tiredness is a big problem, bloated stomach to the size of a pregnant lady, painful sex. everything adds up to it but a laparoscopy hasn't been offered yet as the doctor doesn't want to put me under any more anaesthetic after having emergency surgery to remove my appendix, because the surgery was so rushed they did not do a proper laparoscopic examination and now I'm having to wait before I can have one. I need help to releieve the pain, my pill barely makes any difference at all 😖

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi. I'm sorry to hear you are suffering like this. I hope you get laparoscopy as none of my extensive endo showed up on ultrasound only a large cyst. Had lap to investigate that and woke up to be told my womb, ovaries, bowel and bladder had all fused. How it didn't show I'm not sure but it didn't! It was what caused all my pain as every time I moved or bent down is was all trying to move apart 😨. Keep asking for investigation if you happy to have one. Good luck!
    • Posted

Sorry was meant to add I was given naproxen while I waiting for 2nd op which was better then paracetamol or ibuprofen
    • Posted

they've done the ultrasound a few times but my gp keeps saying that it won't show up just the gyneacologist reluctant to do a laproscapy. I was prescribed cocodamol for the pain but taking it for long periods of time then got me addicted to it and I got really bad side effects if I didn't take it, but naproxen and paracetamol etc don't even touch the pain. so annoying being in this pain all the time 😖
  • Posted

Your symptoms are just like mine i also have bleeding during sex. I have had endo for 10 years and had 8 laproscopies in total. I deal with the pain in different ways depending on how bad it is. Co-codamol 30/500 help when severe i take tramadol. A hot bath, hot water bottle. I do understand what you are going through the pain can be unbearable and it makes you feel awful when your stomach swells. You need to keep on at the doctors. Endo doesnt always show on scans thats why you need the laproscopy. Hope you get some answers soon
  • Posted

Same here. They didn't know I had endo (though they suspected it) till I went in for my hysterectomy.

How come your Doc doesn't want you to have any more anaesthetic? Health reasons?

Keep pushing....you need to know! x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.