So much pain...please help

Posted , 6 users are following.

can reactive arthritis become permanent  in HLAB 27 patients

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Unfortunately yes. HLAB 27 is a factor that contributes to permanent disease but not in all cases.

There are various treatments available. I advice you to see a rheumatologist . Also to look for supplements like turmeric and fish oil.

• Posted

Jack thank you for responding, do you know of any support groups along the Ct. shoreline.
  • Posted

Hi jauline...what are your symotoms4? I tested positive recently to hla b27 I'm in so much pain as well hoping for some help

• Posted

Hi, hope that you are feeling better.

My experience with reactive arthritis began Dec. 24 1995.  I was 33. 

Found out I'm HLA-B27 positive, and shigella was the trigger.  It started in left foot/ankle and quickly spread to the left/right knee, and right foot/ankle.

All of this was very painful and had to lay in bed until it started to break around the end of March.  I had rehab for the next couple of months and was basically good to go at the beginning of summer.

The second flair up started the end of May 2003 with the left foot/ankle/knee being infected.  I was better by August.

The third flair up just started first of August 2018 with only the left foot being infected.

Not sure what to think, but hopefully this won't last too long.  It's painful, but not as painful as the first round due to the number of infected joints. 

For me, so far, it hasn't been as bad when it comes back.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.