so scared of mouth cancer

Posted , 2 users are following.

i’m freaking out thinking i have oral cancer!! i’ve been having on and off pain for about 2 years now (3x in total i took antibiotics and the pain eventually went away) but it’s not a specific tooth. it’s like half of my mouth/jaw and especially my ear. i had 2 deep fillings on that side last year and i was told i need a root canal but i refused. i decided this is enough and finally went in (to a brand new dentist) to get it pulled but the dentist couldn’t figure out which tooth it was so we decided to wait. he scanned the painful side and said both of my teeth have fillings that are close to the nerve so he tapped on them and used cold air but i didn’t respond so he was unsure. i came home and tried looking up why this is happening and now im convinced i have oral cancer. i have a lot of the symptoms.. tongue pain, jaw pain, my gums are tore up at the moment, my ear hurts bad and there’s a slight pain (almost unnoticeable right now) on that side when i swallow. i’ve never had an abccess any of the times this has happened.. just pain

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Given your history of dental procedures and ongoing pain, it's more likely that your symptoms are related to your dental health rather than cancer. However, it's essential to follow up with your dentist or seek a second opinion if you're still experiencing discomfort or if you're worried about your symptoms.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.