soap?

Posted , 5 users are following.

This might be a little off topic but any suggestions about what kind of soap to use to clean myself while I heal after drainage of a bartholin abscess. I've been using dial gold soap which is the antibacterial soap but I think I'm cleaning myself too much and it's causing irratation. My skin is really dry and I'm just kind of freaking out about it. Any kind of info would be nice! Thank you.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I think the Dial Gold is good. Maybe just cut down how much your cleaning that area? If you're just now recovering, plain water at first would be enough.
  • Posted

Hello...

I have went through this as well, after the healing what soap to use. I useĀ 

"summers eve", it works great for me. I have been using it for months now and I have NO complaint. It is more natural for women, it doesn't dry you out or anything. All those other soaps are way to harsh to use int that area. Some people think that if you use that soap you ahve an odor problem, which is untrue. It is mad for women in general no matter if you have a problem or not. Good Luck I hope this helps you alittle..

• Posted

I don't use soap...was recommended by Dr to use badedas bath foam.... Its therapeutic and midwives reccommend it for infection after childbirth ...also use shower gel and anytime after sex use shower gel to xlean area ...it needs to be kept clean ...also use arnica homeopathic cream ,can rub inside also ..releives dryness and itchiness ...
  • Posted

Try using the feminine soap to clean that area, it works well

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.