Soft stools but still constipated.

Posted , 1 user is following.

hi all.

im a long term ibs sufferer. And in the last couple of years ive had some diverticulitis issues too.

recently had a flair of diverticulitis actually.

since then my constipation has been very painful. almost all of my abdomen aches, until eventually i can go. little bits at first, then eventually after many visits i go quite a lot, and then its over for the day. leaving me wiped out and feeling like ive been punched in the stomach.

The weird thing is though, that the stools that i cant pass are actually soft.

im thinking my recent bout of diverticulitis may have given me post IBS, as it seems that the bowel signals must be all over the place, if i struggle to pass soft stools.

Doctors are pretty useless, as usual.

any of you had this kind of constipation at all?

58 yr old male.

eat well with wholemeal breads veg etc. plenty of fluids.

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.