Some advise that might help

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi,

Please bare with me as English is not my first language.

I've been a victim of PHN. My right torso, hip joint, right flank pain and spine involved. Horrible pain and on an off flares for more than a year. Did not take any medication for pain and tried many methods from herbal to food adjustment. My life has changed and i suffered from episodes of depression and anxiety. No one understand the type of pain we are going through. You have to be a patient with PHN to understand. This what works for me. At the beginning of my flare i take milk thistle supplement with 1000mg vitamin C daily and it helped a lot in easing the pain. I don't know if this will work for you but this combination helped me a lot.

I wish you all a great health and please don't lose hope.

Talal

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

I'm glad it's helping you. I'm not aware of others who use this, but if you have less pain, that's terrific! Also PHN can improve, for some it can even almost totally disappear. My shingles was in 2016 and after about 6 months, I started to see tiny improvements, now it's much better. I hope you continue to improve. It's probably much safer than a lot of drugs doctors give us.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.