Something strange going on with my stomach/bowels

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi there. i am a 40 year old Male who for the last 12 months has been having strange symptoms going on.

They started with some acidic type gnawing pain in my abdomen, above the belly button and this has been on and off during this period. The GP suggested it might be Gastritis but it comes back every few months.

Fast forward to 2 months ago and I started with similar pains in my stomach but also a sharp shooting pain, from time to time, in my back passage and some regular indigestion which I have never suffered with before. Over the last week or so the stomach pain has increased in intensity and has been accompanied by lower back pain.

The GP has done blood work and bar a liver function test being slightly out of range, everything is fine. Add to this the fact that I also had a rectal exam which showed didn't highlight anything, then I am stumped. However, I visited the GP, yesterday, and became very nervous as he is now fast tracking me to a Colonoscopy for Bowel Cancer screening, despite 2 recent stool sample tests being normal. He also gave me a FIT screening test, but the Colonoscopy wont be done until after Christmas.

Is there anyone who has had similar symptoms that havent resulted in a dreaded diagnosis, as this has turned my Christmas upside down.

if anyone could share any similar experiences, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.