Son really suffering!!

Posted , 4 users are following.

Help! 

My 12yr old son is suffering soooo much with Hayfever. 

He's already using cetirizine, a nasal spray and decongestants. 

He has a cooling fan at night, washes hair every night to get rid of pollen etc... still he suffers terribly and has just gone to school totally unable to breathe and in pain. He's so miserable.  

I'm going to speak again to the docs as his current regime is defo not touching the problem but wondered if anyone has any weird and wonderful solutions that have really made a difference that we could try?! 😕

Thank you in advance.

AJ. x

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Shas he been checked for asmtha. Allergy substances can trigger asmtha in children.
    • Posted

Hi there, 

I'm taking him to the doctors tonight so will mentioning this..

Thank you. x

• Posted

Hi there

Sorry to hear your son is suffering so much. I do understand.

We have found a lot of relief in using a HEPA filter through the night while sleeping. I turn ours on 30 mins before and close the door.

I have bought Homedics as it was the cheapest one with the correct filter. Dyson was too expensive.

Its quiet at night and we have been using them now for about 6 months.

Good luck

L

I hope this helps - check out Amazon for reviews on this helping similar symptoms. 

• Posted

Thank you, I'll defo look into this. 

I'll try anything to help him as he's really struggling this year... 

thank you again. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.