Sore throat for more then 3 months and sores, please help

Posted , 10 users are following.

hello,

i have had a sore throat on and off for the past 4 months. the pain is mainly when i swallow and sometimes it is intense on one side of throat (both right and left). i also noticed a sore at the back of my throat which you can see in the picture. i have been searching and researching, and i cant seem to find any symptoms or sores that match up with mine. i have been living with anxiety because no doctor has given me an answer as to why im having these symptoms. for some reason my mind keeps going to either HIV or HPV. if someone has had a similar experience please share we i would appreciate some help to ease my stress.

1 like, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

I have sore throat for two years now.I tested for hiv it was negative.have you tested for hiv?

• Posted

hi Ravi,

did you get relive from it?? as I have same issue since 2 months

KR,

kunal

• Edited

You may have a recurring virus and it will take time for your body to shake it off. Antibiotics will be of no use. Get tested for HPV and HIV as that will go some way to easing your fears ....Did you mention that to the doctors you have seen?

Do you have a good balanced diet? Try gargling with salty water and taking a multivitamin. You can also try taking Ibuprofen 3 times a day...it will help with the inflammation.

• Posted

thank you for your response!

I am currently waiting to see an ENT, I have tested negative for HIV right before the throat pain started but my constant worry and online reading has led me to think maybe i tested too early ( i tested two months after a possible contact). I am currently away so i have no access to be able to get tested again for HIV or HPV for the next month or so. that is why i am turning to online to get some answers while i wait. I appreciate your response and will try the methods you mentioned.

• Edited

Hello dear... Hope u are good..

What treatment u took. Can u explain please.

• Posted

did u find out what it was ? i think i have the same

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.