Sound Like an Ulcer?

Posted , 6 users are following.

Six months ago I started having pain on my right side and was treated for a UTI and Kidney Stone. Thankfully those cleared up. But I was left with some stomach issues that we just assumed were digestive issues from the medication. During all of this I had an ultrasound, CT scan, and bloodwork.

The discomfort was okay some days and some worse, accompanied by bloating. No dire pain, so I lived with it and assumed it would eventually improve. Well, just after Thanksgiving my sisters dogs jumped on my right side and it immediately caused discomfort. So I started thinking that it had to be more than just mild digestive issues. The only thing that could be in there that would not have shown up on the ultrasound, CT Scan, 2 rounds of bloodwork, etc, would be an ulcer, possibly from taking NASIDs during the kidney stone issue. I had some stomach issues about a year ago from the same thing.

I immediately scheduled an appt, but it isn't until March. So after searching online, I started taking 20mg of omeprazole. Felt some improvement after a week. I continued this for approximately 6 weeks. I also started drinking 16oz of cabbage juice daily. Felt tremendously better. Most days felt as though it was completely healed. I'm drank the cabbage juice for 4 days. Then stopped for a few. Then started back 7 days ago. I really thought it was cleared up, but it started bothering me again today.

It causes discomfort, that is most often hard to pinpoint exactly although it's only on my right side, bloating, burping, slight nausea some. Ice cream and fried foods really caused the most discomfort. Does this sound like an ulcer?

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

hi

you really need an endoscopy to confirm an ulcer, camera down your throat, push for one, no more guessing๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ˜Š

• Posted

Hi Erin

As joanna said you do need an endoscopy for an ulcer but the pain as far as I'm aware is in the centre and left. Anychance it could be your gallbladder, if not gallstones it could be your gallbladder not working properly which happened in my case. That would cause digestive issues and high fat and spice foods it'll make you feel worse.

Its worth keeping in mind when you go for your appointment. Let me know how you get on.

• Posted

Thank you both so much. I ended up scheduling with a different doctor for next week. They did check my gallbladder and no issues. And surprisingly not all fatty and spicy foods cause issues, just certain ones. It is very odd. Hopefully, I will find out soon enough and fix it.

• Posted

Sorry, i haven't checked back in such a long time. I had my endoscopy and there was a tiny red spot in my intestine. Not an ulcer yet, but it was enough to cause all of the problem. I went on a bland diet for a few weeks and it cleared right up. The doctor said it was probably from taking aleve while i was dealing with my kidney stone.

• Posted

common signs and symptoms of ulcers include:

dull pain in the stomach.

weight loss.

not wanting to eat because of pain.

nausea or vomiting.

bloating.

feeling easily full.

burping or acid reflux.

heartburn, which is a burning sensation in the chest)

• Posted

Cabbage is good for the digestive system because of its nutrients and minerals. Eat more vegetables and increase fibre intake.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.