Spinal fracture, severe pain.

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi everyone,

My elderly mum has just come out of hospital after being admitted a week ago with excruciating pain in her lower back. They did a CT scan and found a small compression fracture, likely to be from Osteoporosis. She also had nerve pain in her right thigh, which has now become numb.

The pain started suddenly two weeks ago, it seems like it may have happened during the night when she turned around in bed because she woke up one morning with the pain.

She's taking amitriptyline at night and paracetamol during the day, and a low dose of morphine if she really needs it.

She is still in so much pain, she has no appetite and often feels nauseous from the pain.

Has anyone else in this forum experienced horrendous pain after a spinal fracture, and how long did it take before your pain began to ease?

I'm doing my very best to look after her, but it is so horrible to see her in so much pain and not be able to do much to relieve her pain.

Any advice would be gladly appreciated.

1 like, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.