Sponynosis clavical

Posted , 3 users are following.

I been diagnois with sondylosis 6,5,7, my question is i had a left rotar cuff repaired 2015 work related got hurt 2013 but it was delayed therapy sessions one after onother now right shouder is Compinsating for left due to frozen shoulder. Had neck issues and diagnosed with sondylosis 5,6,7 did my therapy next is pain management then surgery ,i wonder if my shoulder s contributed to spondyliosi? Or is it my age i am 61 l have that against me workmans comp used that as an declined discussion.

1 like, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

More likely the other way round....i.e. that your shoulder problems have been caused by your cervical spondylosis issues.  That's common.  Standalone shoulder issues,  in theory,  shouldn't affect the neck in any sense.

• Posted

I have foraminal stenosis in the left side of my neck, had it for 2 years, more recently I have had frozen left shoulder and impingement, had surgery on this two weeks ago, I believe it is all related to the stenosis in my my neck, I was refused compensation as at 50 they said degenerative disc desease was common, but I beleive mine condition was caused by manual handling breeches. I am currently seeking ill health retirement as I believe the office based job is making my condition worse. 
    • Posted

Hi sean66

I see that comming my way as well denied. I have what you mention ,we) as we all know owcp is not our friend. Best of luck in your retirement

• Posted

Hi Divita,

I'm just about to email my union and tell them i have enquired about ill health retirement, fortunately for me I have a series of photographs(taken by Management) showing me and a colleague carrying over 200kg up on our shoulders, so whilst the might deny causing the problem they cannot deny breaking the regulations, so if it has to go to the ombudsman it could prove quite embarrassing for someone, but hopefully it wont have to go that far.

• Posted

Sean66

I wish the best of luck and hopfull

• Posted

Sorry sean 66

I wish you the best Iwas hurt at the job its going okay but i hear all the symptoms about sondynosis clavical. My legs dont hurt nor my back or get headaches TG

• Posted

Hi Divita,

my legs dont hurt, that would be a sign of damage in the lumber spine, mine is all in the cervical spine, that tends to affect your arms and hands more than anything, unfortunatley its my dominanat left arm that is affected, so makes using a keyboard quite a painful experience after a while.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.