Spots and scabs that won't heal!

Posted , 3 users are following.

On beltlne. Started off as a ringworm thing 18 months ago. Lamisil cleared it, but a spot turned up... Then a couple of spots... Then since grew into a group of them, that keep scabbing over, but never heal... Though to be fair, for the past 9 months, I've kept picking at it and using tcp, lamisil and clearasil spot stuff, yet it never changes in size or anything... Plus for some reason I always end up tweezering out the hairs as well, which I don't suppose helps! Shall I just leave it alone full stop?

1 like, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Well they say that any spot or sore that doesnt heal we should get it checked out. i havnt experienced  what you describe and havnt had ringworm but ive had what started off like a spot that scabbed over, but never completley healed, would look all dry and stay that way, id pick at it only to reveal a red raw underneath, left me sore, then would scab over again but never heals or goes completely, when i say scab over its more like new growth of skin, i now keep it dry with talc after showers, its in between my breasts more to the left and ive had this for years now. always forget to mention this to the doctors as well when i go for something else. if i were you id go back to the doctors and gret it checked out, like i should be doing lol.
    • Posted

And, Susan, do you wear underwired bras?  I would suggest to you nickel allergy too.  It just didn't occur to me that my problem, that was similar to what you describe, is down to nickel allergy.  Do you live in the UK?  If so, M&S tell me that their bras are nickel free, so I now wear them, instead of paying a lot of money for Fantasie bras.  I telephoned Fantasie and they told me that their bras have nickel in them.

Life has been much more comfortable since I started wearing M&S bras.

• Posted

Did a doctor diagnose the 'ringworm thing'?

Beltline makes me immediately wonder whether you are allergic to nickel?  Has this appeared under a buckle or a metl button, on jeans, for example?

About 4 years ago, I had a rash and eventually, my GP told me it was ringworm and gave me Terbinafine [the same drug you find in Lamisil]  That triggered blisters. They were huge blisters on my feet.   My GP was totally wrong and it was a locum Pharmacist who recognised Mucous Membrane Pemphigoid - a rare autoimmune disease.

Ask to be referred to a Dermatologist.  The waiting list where I live, is 18 months, so you might have to be patient.  I had to take steroids for 3 years and am now taking Methotrexate and other drugs.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.