sstress and menieres

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi

I just read a post where the writer was quite definitive about stress being a trigger. I find sometimes I am feeling stressed and then get slightly dizzy not sure which came first feeling not good and therefore getting easily stressed or the opposite. Would love any info or personal insights thanks

1 like, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

I think stress is main trigger reason for me but it changes sometimes being tired triggers it too.
  • Posted

I have just posted a response in a discussion initiated by Cheryl. That may be the post you refer to. I look on that as a Vicious circle with Conditions and responses around the outside. Each of these can invoke a response from any of the others. One gets stressed because you're dizzy / Conversely you may get dizzy because you are stressed.
  • Posted

Hi just to let you know that stress is one the main factors for me.  To alleviate my stress I usually do some deep breathing and yoga type exercise.  Anything to help you distract yourself from the things that are making you feel anxious is worth spending the time on.  In addition I have spent a lot of time doing the balance retraining.  started to help me after incorporrating daily, I would say two months into it I started to feel more confident about what I was doing.
  • Posted

I definitely think it is a trigger...for me anyway...I know everyone is different but I find if I'm rushing to do something with work or even if something makes me a little angry I can feel some slight dizziness or just not really being able to focus my eyes on things. Things really seem to set me off these days...even little things will make me very snappy and angry. I don't know if it is my meds or just that I'm on edge a lot and trying to get accustomed to this new way of life....
  • Posted

Stress is my main trigger. Moving house did it for me but I've been ok since we settled in.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.