Stage IV Oesophageal cancer herceptin and chest pain

Posted , 2 users are following.

I am on herceptin and suffering with chest pains close to my heart which are exacerbated when I inhale.. does anyone know why or what is going on.. my oncologist has been very unhelpful

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Have they checked if you might have pneumonia? Just a thought 
    • Posted

Hey Linda thanks for your reply.. they haven’t checked pneumonia but I’m too well otherwise for it to be that.. I’ve had blood tests an X-ray, echocardiogram and a CTPI scan I think it was called and had the all clear from them all. But.. I have since learned through the internet and online community that it is related to the herceptin; I’ve now read others accounts and they are very similar to my own. I just struggle to understand why I can learn more from the internet and online community than I can from the doctors and  my rather unhelpful oncologist.. I feel I now know why it’s occurring but what I really want to know and can’t get an answer to is what is it doing to me!? Thank you.. David x
  • Posted

I was only stage 1 so really didn't have enough knowledge tbh. 

You're so right though.  We do learn more through other people who are going through it themselves.  You would think the doctors would be more helpful and informative though! 

Glad others could answer your question. I wish you well xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.