Staphylococcus haemolyticus in sperm (and prostatis)

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi everyone.

So I'm a 38 year old guy who has now for a number of years suffered from frequent urination. As in upwards of 20/30 times a day. Often as soon as i've been, I need to urinate almost immediately after. This is especially the case at night, when I lie in bed and have this overwhelming urge to pee, a sort of tingling that I can feel inside my penis. Sometimes I pee and sometimes I don't. Other times i'm standing over the toilet for minutes waiting for the stream to start and I might end up with a small trickle. Other times I feel I have to push to release the urine. Sometimes nothing comes out at all. It is particularly pronounced after sex/masturbation.

As anyone who's suffered from this sort of thing knows, it really hampers quality of life. Especially sleep, where i'm up 5 plus times in the night.

A prostate examination late last year showed an enlarged and inflamed prostate. On top of that a test revealed a large number of *Staphylococcus haemolyticus *in my sperm and presumably also my prostate.

I was prescribed antibiotics (and tamsulosin) but last week had the same test carried out - as the symptos hadn't gone away - and found that the infection is still there. I've read that Staphylococcus haemolyticus is often resistant to antibiotics, which doesn't exactly fill me with hope!

I'm wondering whether any other men have had this specific bacteria found in their sperm, or have suffered from similar symptoms because of it, and how they managed it or treated it.

Thanks to all who read this far and to anyone who can share any experience with me,

Simon

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.