Started 150 mg 17 days ago.

Posted , 3 users are following.

Started 150 mg 17 days ago. Was on 100 for 7 years. I'm still having some really bad days and only a couple of times when I felt that things were getting better. I have intrusive thoughts with it also. I'm just wondering if there is anyone who has been on it for years and had to increase and how long did it take to fill the full effects. I'm not just sitting and waiting for the meds to work. I am walking, exercising, mindfulness, lavender baths with candles and anxiety music. I'm really trying to help the meds along, one day I'm not too bad, the next day is awful and I don't know how much more I can take

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Let me guess.....MORNINGS ARE THE WORST!!! ?

How did you do on the 100?  Why did you go up?

• Posted

They are the worst, I wake with the knot in my stomach. I did very well on the 100 but I felt little spurts of anxiety last year, I was coping with it well though. In May of this year, a forest fire almost burned through the city I live in and we had to literally run for our lives. Then in June when I was at the airport, I had a medical emergency and had to be taken to the hospital by ambulance. Too much stress for me to take I guess. I'm trying to learn how to deal with the stress so I don't have another relapse. I thought upping to 150 would be faster than it is, since I was on 100 for years

• Posted

I first went on sertraline in 1995 and remained on 75mg until 2010. My mother died and I've been through a series of really rough events which has led to me being on the top dose of 200mg for about the past 2 years. Now it isnt working . I was scared when I first increased from the 75 to 100mg then in increments up to the 200 in the space of the 6 years. now I'm scared that theres nothing more to increase to !

• Posted

I have been reading on this forum that the dose does go up further then 200 if you ask your doctor. Do you remember how long it took for you to feel good again after going from 75 to 100?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.