Started on Lex 10 days ago, 5mg

Posted , 1 user is following.

TL;DR: Does this SSRI work do the same things to the brain as medical cannabis?

Text:

I am a 72 y/o male, reserved and sometimes socially awkward. I am non-assertive around woman and as well have a hard time setting boundaries. I also have ADD due to a genetic syndrome, xxy, and I can't stick with some tasks too long without other thoughts that distract me away.

About 18 months ago I decided to get a medical marijuana card for my state and I started to experiment with different products from one of the better dispensaries in the area known for quality cannabis products. And BOY DID THEY HELP!!

When my correct dose kicks in all the aforementioned traits go away! What I become is confident, bold, I speak my mind and I stand up for myself. And when I am on a task, boy am I focused! I can stick with it for hours. What this drug has done is introduce me to my better self. The person I should of been all along. To me this is a miracle!

I love this feeling of being able to speak to strangers confidently out of the blue without the usually introspection. However, the positive affects are short lived and when the cannabis starts to wear off I will always revert back to the shy person. And I could tell when they were wearing down bc I began to recognize when negative and fearful thoughts would creep back into my head.

So it was my thought that if I went on a SSRI, like Lexapro that, in time, I would permanently become the better me, permanently.

Am I thinking correctly about what Lexapro could do for me correctly?

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.