Started with Back pain, ended up with leg and foot pain with colour change.

Posted , 2 users are following.

I started getting back pain in April which seemed to come our of nowhere. The pain lingered into the summer where a colleague recommended going to an osteopath. I went to an osteopath in July who said he could ‘help’. After three sessions I started getting pains in my right leg, which was located on the inside of my leg behind the knee.

I gave the osteopath a break but it didn’t go away. I decided to see a different osteopath towards end of August who straight away recommended I get an MRI. The MRI came back stating I had minor disc bulges at L4/L5 and L5/S1.The osteopath said that I probably have sciatica, so started giving me treatment.

At the start of October I started getting pain in my right foot, again towards the inside. This pain was in the big toe and the bottom of the foot. I noticed when I was sitting that my foot went purple the foot would also go freezing cold. Mr Dr told me to go to A/E where they did a blood test to see if I had a blood clot, which wasn’t the case. The Dr said I should get an MRI as it could be linked to my back.

I had another MRI scan and the results have just came back saying my lumber spine is ‘Normal’. I have now started getting slight pains in my left leg.

The pains and numbness in my leg and foot make it difficult for me to walk.

Has anyone had anything similar to this and know which direction to point me in? The MRI seems to indicate my back is fine, but I still have all these issue.

thanks

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Hello, Tom

Both my mother and father have sciatica but they do not usually have trouble with their legs. Have you noticed anything that helps the pain (heat, baths, sitting in a certain position)?

I wish I could advise more on what may be the problem but unfortunately, I do not suffer from your particular issues. However, I can say what has helped me discover more about my health when I don't know what the root problem is is to keep records of my health. And I mean record everything. Even things that don't seem related, such as if you bought new shoes recently, or a new mattress, or started a new walking regimen. The devil is in the details, and it may help you to pinpoint something that could lead you to discovering more information about your health.

Wishing you the best!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.